Friday 24 May 2013

CAD- Ralph pink tutorial

Recently in our CAD lesson we have been introduced to Ralph Pinks tutorials. We started off by using his measure generator to work out our measurements in order to create a bodice block to fit ourselves. We had to measure each other and inout our sizes into an excel database, this then automatically calculated our measurements and then gave us an output of what size bodice block we would be creating. I found the creating of the data base quite simple as it was just inputting basic data. After creating my spreadsheet it had worked out for me that i would then be creating a size 10 bodice block.

Creating the bodice block

Once I had all of my measurements I was then able to move on and begin creating my bodice block. I had to watch a tutorial as I was creating the bodice block and copy what Ralph Pink was doing except using our measurments. I created my bodice block in Adobe Illustrator.
I found it quite easy when we were following each of his steps however half way through he stops talking and the tutorial begins to pick up pace, I think that this was the part that I struggled with most as I found it difficult to see what was being done which meant it took me a lot longer to complete.

I am very happy with my final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog, i will be sure to get back to you a.s.a.p x