Thursday 23 May 2013

final trouser manufacture

1) Now that I had my complete all my patterning and toiling  I was then able to begin manufacturing my final garment. I started by placing all of my pattern pieces onto my black satin  again trying to use as little fabric as I could, except for my panel piece that I was having running down either leg as both of these were to be made of lace.

2) Once I had lay all of my pattern pieces into place and checked that their grain lines were all parallel to the selvedge I was then able to pin them all on and begin cutting them out.

3) I began by tracing my darts from my pattern onto the wrong side of my fabric using tailors chalk. When all of my darts were drawn onto my fabric I was then able to sew them up. I then pressed my darts flat.

4) After I had sewn my darts into place I was then able to begin manufacturing the rest of my trousers, I started off by pinning in my lace panels down the side of the trouser leg. I did this by placing the right side of my panel to the right side of my front and back pieces along either edge.

5) I then pinned them along the edge.

6) Once they were pinned in place I was then able to sew down both edges using a 1cm seam allowance I then did this again when attaching my other panel into my other front and back leg pieces.

7) I was then able to join my 2 front trouser pieces together by placing them right side to right side, I then pinned down the edge. I could then sew down using a 1cm seam allowance. I could then do this again to join my 2 back pieces together, however as I was having my zip in the centre back I started sewing about half the way down, I sewed down using a 1cm seam allowance.

8) Now that my 2 fronts and my 2 backs were together I was then able to sew together the crotch and my trouser legs together, I thought that this would be easier to do in one go so I placed the trouser legs and crotch right side to right side and pinned along my sewing line. Once I had pinned them all into place I was then able to sew straight across. Starting at the bottom of one trouser leg, straight up along the crotch and back down the other trouser leg.

9) after sewing my trousers up I then tried placing them onto the stand to see what they looked like however when I did this I realised that I had added a lot more excess onto my waist band than I needed this also made me start thinking that the design could be worn as a jumpsuit as it came quite high up, therefor I decided to leave them as a jump suit until fittings week to see what they would work best as when fitted to a model so I will add my zip and facing in during fittings week.

10) I then over locked all of the raw edges to give a neater and more professional finish, I then pressed it all flat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog, i will be sure to get back to you a.s.a.p x