Thursday 10 January 2013

FMP

Recently In class we began looking into ideas for our Final major project (FMP). We were asked to look at upcoming trends and our summer holiday homework. I decided to start looking into Gothic style as I really love the style and the colours of Gothic glamour in fashion.

Mood


I began by thinking about my mood and how I feel when I think of Gothic trends. I gathered a collection of images to portray the things I associate with Goths and Gothic style.






When I thought of the Gothic culture I always associated it with death, Halloween, bones, skulls and darkness. This then made me think of horror films, Novels and festivals.

The Day of the Dead.

I then started to research into the Day of the Dead festival a very important holiday that is celebrated in Mexico. I looked at the skull make-up that usually represents the Sugar Skulls that are given out as gifts at the festival. After researching more in depth of the celebrations I realised that the holiday was to honour the deceased and to encourage the souls of their loved ones to hear their prayers and comments.
The colours associated with the festival are usually bright and vibrant colours of celebration.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog, i will be sure to get back to you a.s.a.p x