Tuesday 8 May 2012

Sketch book work

I have been continuing my work in my sketchbook to help me with my final thread in order to create my final garment. I have been producing my designs in the style of different fashion illustrators. I have also started to think about which design I want to create as part of my final garment. I have now started looking into sampling the difficult areas of my garment so that I can problem solve how to get my garment perfect.
Here is my garment recreated in the style of Rodger Duncan.

Another recreated in the style of Carl Erickson.

This is recreated in the style of Steven Stipelman. He was my favourite fashion illustrator.

Here is my final garment that I have chosen to make for the fashion show. I added a plain long black dress underneath and kept the top very structured. This was inspired by my street lamp theme and I also added in rope. I thought that this was one of my strongest designs and really wanted to carry this forward. However, I do feel like it will be a very difficult garment to produce. Admitably I have been looking at the garment not knowing where to start. We are about to produce a toile diary where we will sample difficult areas and work out the best way to create the garment. Therefore I am hoping that this will really help me to get my head around the manufacture.

This is where my Toile diary will begin in my sketchbook. A toile diary is where I will document my daily progress of toiling and manufacturing my garment to help me get the best possible outcomes. I am a little bit scared and worried about begining this garment as pattern cutting does confuse me at times. I just hope that my final outcome will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog, i will be sure to get back to you a.s.a.p x