Tuesday 1 May 2012

Illustrators

Recently in class we have been researching into a number of different fashion illustrators. We had to find out some information on that illustrator and then recreate our own design in the style of their work. I haven't yet managed to illustrate my own designs. However, I have researched into illustrators that I have found interesting.

The first illustrator that I looked into was Rodger Duncan. I liked the style of his work and I thought that even though it was quite simple he still made his illustrations look very elegant. I also think that although he does not catch every detail of the garment he still manages to capture movement and style within the garment.

This is a Rodger Duncan illustration.
The second illustrator that I came across was Carl Erickson. I think that his work captures the beauty and glamour of the garments. I think that Carl works on capturing a lot of the detail within the garment and also within the surroundings that he paints his models in. I like the way that he chooses to use bold and vibrant colours to really grab people's attention.

I really like the detail of this illustration.


Vogue cover November 1930.
The third illusatrator that I have researched into is definitely my favourite. I looked into Steven Stipelman's work. I love the way that he applies the colour to his work; he uses bold acrylic colours to capture the dramatic atmosphere. I think that the brush strokes that he uses are simple and almost look as if they have been dabbed on. However, I think that this style of painting still captures the beauty of the garment in a very unique way.

'White Mist'- Steven Stipelman


'Waiting in white'- Steven Stipelman
I will be posting my own illustrations that I have created in the style of the illustrators shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog, i will be sure to get back to you a.s.a.p x